It is currently 22 May 2018, 13:27
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

“ElcoMotorYachts”

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 14:11 

jtf wrote:
This might work, 5" overall. Bolt on a thin seat.

The base/post/seat base are all in one. This site has two other seat bases that might work. Doubt you will find anything shorter that has enough post in the cuff to hold.

For that price, if it isn't what you want, sell it here. I just put two tempress non-locking bases and seats on, each slip/lock bases was about what this cost.

I haven't found a post shorter than this overall, without cutting it down. This would do for my rear mount and get rid of the gerry-rig.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boat-Marine-5- ... 2864279601

Looks like that might work. Was kinda hoping to stick with 3/4" pin style to be consistent with rest of seats.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2018, 20:04 

I have had the 3/4" push in pins in my boat since 2002. Have 2 posts with seats that can be moved to the deck or in the floor. Ran a 115/80 jet with them for 10 years and now have a 250 Pro XS and have had zero issues with the seat bases or posts. They do not lock but also don't just freely spin when someone is sitting in them. They have a spring on the base that attaches to the seat and provides some friction.

The posts have warnings on them. But like with everything else, limits the liability of the company against lawsuits should something happen.

2003 RiverCraft trailer
Retired from Riverlife-2002 Mercury 115 Fourstroke Jet

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 08:23 

dhoganjr wrote:
I have had the 3/4" push in pins in my boat since 2002. Have 2 posts with seats that can be moved to the deck or in the floor.

I have a Grizzly that came with the 3/4 holes up front and in the back. I tried an old pedestal in one of those and it was very loose feeling. I think the pedestal may have been damaged because the bushing in the base has never been used. When you say push in type is this the same as the ones that just drop in without any kind of lock or thread? I want to get a pedestal and seat for my boat but after seeing how it wobbled just assumed I needed to get a different base.

As for rotating driver passenger pedestals, I have fixed height bases that are probably about 3" in diameter and approximately 11" high. I got them from Academy sports along with their bolt on swivel. The swivel will turn but you have to really work it. There is no way it will turn just going down the road on the trailer.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 02:55 

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/cate ... lock-n-pin

These are the ones that I have. The posts fit snug in the bases. I have never had them pop out while under way or on the highway. I usually remove the ones on the deck before trailering though. When they are in the sun and it's hot the ones on the decks are so tight I can't remove them till it cools down usually.

2003 RiverCraft trailer
Retired from Riverlife-2002 Mercury 115 Fourstroke Jet

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2