Baitcasting eBAy Impulse buy. A good deal?

Questions or comments about your weapons, post away here.
AnglerRoy

Re: Baitcasting eBAy Impulse buy. A good deal?

Post by AnglerRoy » 07 Dec 2018, 12:07

fender66 wrote:
AnglerRoy wrote:As much as I’ve tweaked and played with brake and spool-spin settings, different types of line and line weight...I’ve just never been able to cast with a baitcaster. Lol

I have three, decent quality I assume, and absolutely love them. I just use them for trolling. I gave up trying to cast with them and cutting out line (knots).

Oh well...I envy guys and girls that can cast. :-)
As Michael Iaconelli says...NEVER GIVE UP!

It will come. It did for me so it can for you.
But then I wouldn’t have an excuse for having so many rods/reels of different types!

Xtremeboats
fender66

Post by fender66 » 07 Dec 2018, 12:29

AnglerRoy wrote:
fender66 wrote:
AnglerRoy wrote:As much as I’ve tweaked and played with brake and spool-spin settings, different types of line and line weight...I’ve just never been able to cast with a baitcaster. Lol

I have three, decent quality I assume, and absolutely love them. I just use them for trolling. I gave up trying to cast with them and cutting out line (knots).

Oh well...I envy guys and girls that can cast. :-)
As Michael Iaconelli says...NEVER GIVE UP!

It will come. It did for me so it can for you.
But then I wouldn’t have an excuse for having so many rods/reels of different types!
Sure you can. I just have more of everything. :roll:
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

Butthead

Baitcasting eBAy Impulse buy. A good deal?

Post by Butthead » 09 Dec 2018, 01:13

Yeendo wrote:This is seemingly an old thread, but I'll add my two cents.

I have worked on a lot of PQ's and a lot of revos and i must tell you, I'm just not convinced that there is enough differnce to justify the price difference, unless you go up to the premier to get the lighter weight. I have a lot of STX revo/s and i love them, but i got them at a very good price or i would have gotten PQ's I also now have 2 of the Curado E 50 reels. After tuning and bearing upgrades, these are awesome for light baits and can still be used for any regular sized bait. I hate shimano's drag washers and i replace those with carbontex. If I was going to buy more shimano reels, i would get the E%, E7 or E 50 curados from ohya. Don't get a G series reel, you will be dissapointed. If you want a full sized E curado but want it in the 6.4 ratio, you can get gear sets to do that and along with a tuning it's very affordable and would still be cheaper than buying the new Chronarch that comes in those ratios but is still just a white curado E
As an owner of Chronarch E and Curado E and G reels, I don't understand why the G's get so much hate. They're good reels. What about them would disappoint someone? Yes, they do utilize some cheaper materials than the E series, but that was to meet the $159.99 price point. My personal feeling is that the way Shimano marketed the reels was the problem. The Chronarch E should have been the Curado G and the current G should have been marketed under another name. But if that happened, then people would have liked the current G for what it is and bashed the Curados(Chronarch E) for getting too expensive with the 25% price hike.

WV1951
Donor

Post by WV1951 » 20 Dec 2018, 20:26

You weren't specific on your three reels, so I don't want to step on your toes on your decent quality comment.
A few months ago, I picked up a house brand at a discounter that felt smooth in the package, and looked pretty well built. Certainly didn't require a loan to buy, if you know what I mean. Brought it home, spooled it up, and gave it a drive. Tried different weights, tensions, stood on my head, etc., and couldn't get a decent cast without "professional overrun". Got my regulars out just to make sure I wasn't off that day, but that wasn't it. Removed the line, repackaged it, and returned.
Just sayin', maybe it is not you.