raised platforms

If Bowfishing is not your cup of tea, DO NOT ENTER! This section is for questions and reports
bellman

raised platforms

Post by bellman » 12 Oct 2015, 00:29

I managed to drag my shooting stand(about 45-50 lbs)over and take a few pics. As I said earlier, it's NOT any sort of masterpiece. However it did work well. The male pedestal mount on it's underside inserts into a standard casting pedestal which inserts into the female pedestal mount on the casting deck. That's a good strong base and then the PVC legs support the perimeter and keep it from moving. PVC isn't the ideal material for the cage, but it only took a second to throw it together and it's never failed me. The joints are all riveted after gluing. You may be able to see a small slot I cut into the front edge of the cage so the trolling motor pull rope was always where I could grab it in a flash when rocks appeared out of no where. The velcro patch on the platform is for the foot control. There's plenty of cable to lift the foot control off the deck onto the platform, but it always ended up at a funny angle. I put a matching piece on the deck so it's either stuck to the deck or stuck to the platform There are probably far better ways to do this, but this has worked perfect for me for two years. The one I'll be putting in the new boat should be stronger and more user friendly. It's definitely going to have a gate. On the one in the pics you either crawled in or over. Not the end of the world, but awkward while carrying a bow.
Attachments
IMG_0856.JPG
IMG_0855.JPG
IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0853.JPG
IMG_0852.JPG
IMG_0851.JPG