It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 21:05
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

SliderG5

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: WTB: Johnson 15hp carb
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 23:15 

Looking to replace the 9.9 carb on my 1988 Johnson with a similar year 15hp carb. Let me know what ya got. Located in Mooresville, NC

Post subject: WTB: Johnson 15hp carb
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 09:31 

C_walters wrote:
Looking to replace the 9.9 carb on my 1988 Johnson with a similar year 15hp carb. Let me know what ya got. Located in Mooresville, NC

I'm trying to buy an early 80's model 15hp Johnson parts motor (mainly for the lower unit). Having trouble getting on the same page as the seller to be able to go get it though. But I may be interested in selling the carb after I get it.

Does your '88 model have the plastic topped carb? This one would be the old all metal style but as far as I know they should swap and perform the same. I think the plastic topped ones were made for "easy" cleaning since you could clean the idle speed passages by just removing the top which saves removing the recoil starter plus carb. I'll let ya know if I get it. Feel free to pm me.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]