It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 12:50
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

Xtremeboats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2018, 11:23 

bcbouy wrote:
high cca is useless for an electric trolling motor.

This is true but the high cranking amps sure helps when you're cranking over a 10:1 compression Chevy 350! :mrgreen: In my 30 years of boating, I've never had a trolling motor on any of my boats, I just paddle if I don't want to fire it up. But I'm only floating down the Delaware River and not on a lake or pond. This is a good example of why you need to really look at the overall picture of how you will be using your boat. Does it have ptt, do you have a trolling motor, do you run a livewell, do you have serious lighting, will a band be performing a concert on your boat? :wink: We all use boats differently so planning it out will help determine what parts will work best and it will help you get the best advice and real world experience from others.

Page 3 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3