nav. light's / toggle replacement

Trolling motors, Fish Finders, GPS, Batteries, anything Electrical, post it here.
Fishingman48

Post by Fishingman48 » 01 Oct 2019, 14:05

This v-hull tin i picked up last year been workin on it in my spare time, new base, post's & seats all way round and redoin the console tighten everything up and replacing all which needs it & adding . i came across a broken toggle which pertains to the compass, fish/ depth finder & nav lights/
switch; Toggle; General Purpose; G Series/ every Co. ive gone to you have to buy 12 or more?????? but they look nothin like this>

if anyone has a fisherman & the set up i stated and knows what to do or where to go o get this toggle ???// again i have a 3 way in it now and it does nothing i check fuse's and all good
Attachments
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch
nav lighting switch

RazorBaits
gnappi

Post by gnappi » 03 Oct 2019, 12:03

First things first, the three way has both (actually measured) 12v and ground going to it? If so it may be wired wrong, there are lots of pics wiring a Carling switch online.

But, if what you say your switch runs "compass, fish/ depth finder & nav lights"

I've never seen a nav/anchor light switch wired that way. Are you guessing it runs all that stuff because none of it is working?
Regards,

Gary (in South Florida)

maintenanceguy

Post by maintenanceguy » 03 Oct 2019, 17:33

Switches are typically standard sizes. My guess is that this is a double pole, double throw (DPDT) switch with a jumper across two of the terminals. A continuity tester would confirm that this is true. You can find what you need here and just add your own jumper wire:

https://www.mcmaster.com/switches