It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 04:51
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

SliderG5

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2016, 18:17 

Sounds good; the think I always used the 12-V outlet for was a spot light, though now a days they have battery operated ones that are just as bright. They can also come in handy if you need to recharge something (cell phone). You might also decide you want a radio, a fish finder, a VHF, a chart plotter, etc. There's no end to the things you can spend money on adding to your boat (a hole in the water you throw cash into), so you'll never regret leaving room for later expansion.

With the bilge pump, if you haven't already, you probably want to consider a float switch, which will automatically turn on the pump if the water level rises in the bilge. There are a lot of pumps that come with integral float switches (https://www.amazon.com/Seaflo-Automatic-Submersible-750gph-Switch/dp/B00B0L4ONM/ref=sr_1_5) or you can add one to a standard bilge pump (https://www.amazon.com/Shoreline-Marine-Bilge-Float-Switch/dp/B004LR4J78/ref=sr_1_4). Just wire a dedicated fused power line to the float switch from the battery that bypasses the manual switch; there should be wiring instructions with the pump or float switch.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016, 10:08 

I got 75% of the wiring done. Pretty simple if you're organized.

I decided to add a battery voltmeter gauge and a 12v plug receptacle to the console.

Hopefully I find time in the next week to finish the wiring, organize and zap strap everything.

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2