It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 23:29
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

BoatCoversDirect

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2017, 13:42 

I just wanted to let you guys know that I accidentally stumbled upon a way to purchase batteries from Wal-mart without paying a core charge, or turning in an old battery.

While shopping for a battery, I decided to go with one from either Wal-mart, or Sams, mainly so I could exchange it easily if I have a problem. When shopping online at Sam's, if I put a battery in my cart and go to check out, a $12 core fee is added. When doing the same at Wal-mart, no such core fee is added.

I placed an order for an Everstart group 29 this morning while out in the marsh catching bait for the weekend. When I picked it up on the way home, there was no added core charge. $86.83 + $6.08 tax = $92.91 out the door.

If you need new batteries and don't have cores to trade in, this might be a good way to save a few bucks. I get that core fees exist to encourage recycling, but they are just another tax if you have nothing to recycle.

Now I have a shiny new group 29 deep cycle battery to replace the EP-50 car battery that came with my boat (it is almost new, so I am keeping it). Not only that, but when I checked last night, they had 5 in stock. When I ordered this morning, they had 7. I got one of the ones that came in overnight, with a manufacturing sticker showing 10/17. Fresh!

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2017, 14:15 

So what you're saying is buy the battery online and pick it up in the store?

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2017, 14:22 

Yep. No core charge was added when I checked out online. No mention of it when I picked it up.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2017, 14:26 

. . . and then take your core to O'Reilly Auto Parts and receive a $10 gift card
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]