It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 17:36
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

eaglelodgemaine

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2017, 22:18 

I guess I have a different experience with e-fuels. I fill my tank up in the fall, add oil and Stabill, let it sit all winter (November to March) and run that tank of gas all summer. Fill up again for the winter and repeat. Only time I burn more than one tank of gas a year is when I make trips to Canada or other big bodies of water. Two years ago I went to Canada in August/Sept. This year it was Eagle River Wi in July. Maybe the oil mixed in the gas tank prevents phase separation?

I run an Evinrude 40hp 2 stroke.

Ethanol also has the benefit of cleaning out the gum and varnish gasoline leaves behind. Some people blame the ethanol when they change from straight gas to ethanol. The problem is the ethanol is removing the varnish built up in the carb and in some cases will plug the jets causing issues. The issue is a dirty carb, not ethanol.

'97 16' Sylvan Back Troller Select
'67 14' Alumacraft
'57 Model FD11 18-hp Johnson Seahorse
'09 Traverse FWD V6 w/ towing package, power sun and moon roof, and ton of other options. The only one I wanted was the towing package. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 08:40 

I add Stabil Marine to my 5 gallon jugs every time I fill them up. Never had any issues. I had to replace the gas line from my tank to the motor but it was 10 years old.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2017, 17:47 

No way I want E gas in anything I run, let alone my boat.

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2