It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 17:16
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

Fiberglasssupplydepot

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 20:26 

Does anybody make an aftermarket power tilt/trim for my my 95 Johnson 25? OR know what years and sizes might be compatible if I find a donor or parts?

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016, 21:45 
Donor

Pretty much has to be an add-on jack plate style with that feature. Factory had nothing for a 2 cylinder 25hp.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 05:57 

CMC has a smaller version of their power tilt for outboards under 35 hp for around $550 I believe. I have been looking for one for the 25 hp I have and have settle I think on this style after looking at several. I am currently watching ebay and craigslist for one, but may have to bite the bullet. The older I get the harder it is for me to raise outboards up from inside the boat. I will hopefully have one by next spring.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CMC-PT-Small-Outboard-Tilt-and-Trim-by-T-H-Marine/700191.uts

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 12:12 

Riverrabbit wrote:
Does anybody make an aftermarket power tilt/trim for my my 95 Johnson 25? OR know what years and sizes might be compatible if I find a donor or parts?

http://www.panthermarineproducts.com/trim-and-tilt

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2016, 12:16 

Fire1386 wrote:
CMC has a smaller version of their power tilt for outboards under 35 hp for around $550 I believe. I have been looking for one for the 25 hp I have and have settle I think on this style after looking at several. I am currently watching ebay and craigslist for one, but may have to bite the bullet. The older I get the harder it is for me to raise outboards up from inside the boat. I will hopefully have one by next spring.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CMC-PT-Small-Outboard-Tilt-and-Trim-by-T-H-Marine/700191.uts
I have owned the CMC unit. The smaller one isn't all that great. It will give issues. The larger one for big motors doesn't give many problems.

I have a friend that has the Panther unit and he has beat and banged that thing for 3 years now. He should be a field tester for them. If all of them are as good as his they are much better than the small CMC units.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]