It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 16:16
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

BoatCoversDirect

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2016, 12:54 

1993 ,non sea pro,the sea pro is a Tohatsu. Mine is pure merc.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2016, 13:05 

Also my merc has a standard 13 pitch prop and now I'm going to spin a 14 pitch prop which is a massive prop for a 25hp engine imo,but it will still have plenty of get up out of the hole even pushing a prop that large. I know people running a 15 pitch prop on these mercs and getting near 35mph with one person on board a light boat. Like I said I couldn't believe the torque this motor possess, more than likely due to it's 2.25 gear ratio in the lower unit, that definitely helps. With just me in the boat and no gear,just boat,motor and floor I hit 30+mph but it porpoises so bad that by myself I have to add weight to the front so I add 150lbs of blocks in a 150 qt cooler to weigh the front down or it's literally unsafe and that brings me back a bit to like 28.5mph steady and if it's really calm I can get near 29 with the 150lbs of weight that is. Like I said, once I get it finely tuned I will take gps readings with my 13 pitch prop and 14 pitch prop to see what difference I get.

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2