It is currently 16 Nov 2018, 03:46
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

AirboatCoatings

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 06:45 

Since u have the same outboard as me,were do u find your fuel/air mixture screw to be at the best setting. From lightly seated out to 1 1/4 turns cc is the starting point, I have found that at a hair past 1 1/2 turns is where my outboard runs best. How about you? I'm heading down to the lake this week I hope to give her a test run to make sure that this carb works properly and to tune it to perfection.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 08:45 

i found the neoprene through amazon, but on my motor there were no staples holding the seal between the upper and lower portions of the cowl, it was just adhered to the rim of the lower section, wrapped over the top edge and then back down on the inside roughly 3/4" on both sides.

I can't help you much on the carb adjustment - I know it didn't take me much fiddling with it, unlike my god forsaken string trimmer for the yard, I don't think it was a full turn from the starting point, but I couldn't even tell you if I started 1.5 turns out from seated or 1.25, I just know I started wherever the service manual indicated.

For Sale - Custom Hand Tied Jigs, Bladed Jigs,Custom Rods

2002 Alumacraft 1436LT w/ 1984 Mariner Tiller Converted to Remote & 55# Minn Kota Terrova 12v (removable)

1985 Bass Tracker III - Restoration w/ 1988 Mercury 60hp

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2016, 10:55 

I think at 1 1/4 - 1 3/4 turns,in between there is usually were they run best,at least the last 2 I had.

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2