It is currently 27 May 2018, 17:08
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

eaglelodgemaine

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Over Heat Alarm
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2016, 07:43 

Hey Folks, I am just getting into this gas motor thing and have many questions. I'm learning a lot reading this forum so first I just want to thank all the generous people on here!! =D>

So I bought a boat with a 25HP Merc hanging off the back of it. It's about a 94 as best as I can tell. The serial number is so faded it's about impossible to read. Anyway it has electric start, and remote steering. Under the console I see this little buzzer type thing that I assume is some sort of alarm sounder. With the jumble of wires i'm not really sure where this thing goes. If my motor does have an over heat sensor I would love to know that it's working. I would like to know where on the motor such a thing gets hooked up to. Thanks guys, any info would be great.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a book or manual that would cover my motor?

Thanks!
Ed

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]