It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 14:58
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

mud-skipper

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2016, 22:33 

My trailer rolled down a hill where I store my boat and the outboard cracked right off. It's a Mariner 9.9 (either 1999 or 2000). I'm hoping someone can tell me what part(s) I broke. It snapped off where the co-steer linkage is and there is a significant amount of grease in the area of the break. Imagemotor mount

Imagemotor mount 2

Imagemotor

Hoping someone can tell me what the part would be called and potentially what it would take for me to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2016, 23:37 
Donor

In Johnson and Evinrude terms the part would be called a steering bracket or swivel bracket.
In order to install a new one you will need to pull both the powerhead and the gearcase then start transferring whatever mounts, etc. you will need.
Problem here is that you are "assuming" that no other parts got damaged. A damaged exhaust housing can, for example, cause premature spline wear in the crank/driveshaft area or down in the waterpump/upper driveshaft bearing housing area. No amount of photos would be good enough to tell this through the internet.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2016, 00:07 

Pappy wrote:
In Johnson and Evinrude terms the part would be called a steering bracket or swivel bracket.
In order to install a new one you will need to pull both the powerhead and the gearcase then start transferring whatever mounts, etc. you will need.
Problem here is that you are "assuming" that no other parts got damaged. A damaged exhaust housing can, for example, cause premature spline wear in the crank/driveshaft area or down in the waterpump/upper driveshaft bearing housing area. No amount of photos would be good enough to tell this through the internet.
thank you so much. Looks like the bracket itself is about $200USD. I'll need the bearing too, grease, labour. Not looking cheap :( this probably ends my fishing year early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2016, 13:51 

Look for a parts motor. One with a blown power head would be best.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]