It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 03:49
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

“ElcoMotorYachts”

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016, 13:00 

Wow.. I really, really appreciate all the advice and detailed instruction.. Special thanks to Pappy. I plan to tackle it this weekend and will report back. I'll be sure to replace those grommets too!

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 15:37 

You should also take the exhaust cover off and replace the gaskets. I had a motor over heat so I shaved the head flat again(definitely get this checked for warping cuz it sucks if you put it all back together and it still leaks) and replaced the gasket. After this i still had water getting in so i took the exhaust cover off and replaced the gaskets runs perfect now. I would take the exhaust cover off anyways and replace the gaskets cuz when you get water in the cylinders it blows out of the exhaust and cakes it with milky crappy greasy stuff and can cause issues because the motor can actually suck this back into the cylinder making you think you have a problem when it just needs to be cleaned.
IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2