Benefits of reverse gear or......How not to park your boat!

Have a question about your motor? All motor talk and questions go here.
Pappy
Donor

Post by Pappy »

flintcreek

Post by flintcreek »

This sort of ties in with Pappy's post. Actually saw how not to load a boat on a trailer today. Wished I had of at least thought to take a picture. Guy was loading a 17' aluminum with a 75 Mercury motor. Guy in the boat did not get it far enough on the trailer....Guy in truck pulls it out of the water....with 5 to 6 foot of the boat hanging off the trailer. Trailer comes loose from truck....boat is part of the way off the trailer and tongue of trailer up in the air, back of boat sitting on the ramp. They were lucky motor was tilted up and the back of the boat just sat down on the ramp. There were a lot of fishermen at the ramp, in less than 5 minutes we had the boat slid back on the trailer and hooked back up to the truck.

bgeddes

Post by bgeddes »

Pretty sure the backstory to that vid is that the boat in question was going to be scrapped. Quickest way to get it ashore is exactly as the captain did, get her steaming and hit the beach. Pretty good shot splitting those boats IMO.

jethro
Donor

Post by jethro »

Yeah, there is no way that wasn't intentional. He throttled up when he got his line where he wanted it.
I fish, therefore, I am.

1993 Starcraft SF 14 DLX side console with 25 hp Mercury 2 stroke
2003 Sylvan 2100 Profish walkthrough with 150 Mercury Saltwater and 6hp Mecury 4 stroke kicker

lovedr79

Post by lovedr79 »

he threaded that thing right in there pretty good! had to be on purpose as it looked by the black exhaust he was still on it for a minute after he "landed"
Grizzly 1448SC
Lowe 10' jon