Serial number

Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
johnniebailey47

Serial number

Post by johnniebailey47 » 10 Nov 2018, 23:21

I have a monticello ark 10' flat bottom boat . Serial number is 33626 model number_030 might be a number in front of those not sure. Can anyone tell me the age of it by the serial number.or anything else aboult it. I want to get a tidle but not sure if I can. Don't look like it was ever registered no sign of numbers or letters on the side of it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

RazorBaits
whorrall

Serial number

Post by whorrall » 11 Nov 2018, 10:38

Most boats that were produced in the early 70s and earlier did not have a Hull Identification Number (HIN). In Indiana, they follow the same process that most other states do for this. Take a guess at the rough make, model, and year of the boat. Go to the license branch and apply for a HIN. Get your HIN and engrave it onto your boat. Get a police officer to inspect the HIN and sign off on your application for title
License branch will send you a title and stickers. I just helped a friend who did this.

johnniebailey47

Re: Serial number

Post by johnniebailey47 » 11 Nov 2018, 13:37

whorrall wrote:Most boats that were produced in the early 70s and earlier did not have a Hull Identification Number (HIN). In Indiana, they follow the same process that most other states do for this. Take a guess at the rough make, model, and year of the boat. Go to the license branch and apply for a HIN. Get your HIN and engrave it onto your boat. Get a police officer to inspect the HIN and sign off on your application for title
License branch will send you a title and stickers. I just helped a friend who did this.
Thank you

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

whorrall

Serial number

Post by whorrall » 11 Nov 2018, 14:24

You're welcome. Hope it all goes smoothly.