It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 02:42
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

VinylImagesInc

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Serial number
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 23:21 

I have a monticello ark 10' flat bottom boat . Serial number is 33626 model number_030 might be a number in front of those not sure. Can anyone tell me the age of it by the serial number.or anything else aboult it. I want to get a tidle but not sure if I can. Don't look like it was ever registered no sign of numbers or letters on the side of it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2018, 10:38 

Most boats that were produced in the early 70s and earlier did not have a Hull Identification Number (HIN). In Indiana, they follow the same process that most other states do for this. Take a guess at the rough make, model, and year of the boat. Go to the license branch and apply for a HIN. Get your HIN and engrave it onto your boat. Get a police officer to inspect the HIN and sign off on your application for title
License branch will send you a title and stickers. I just helped a friend who did this.

Post subject: Re: Serial number
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2018, 13:37 

whorrall wrote:
Most boats that were produced in the early 70s and earlier did not have a Hull Identification Number (HIN). In Indiana, they follow the same process that most other states do for this. Take a guess at the rough make, model, and year of the boat. Go to the license branch and apply for a HIN. Get your HIN and engrave it onto your boat. Get a police officer to inspect the HIN and sign off on your application for title
License branch will send you a title and stickers. I just helped a friend who did this.
Thank you

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2018, 14:24 

You're welcome. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]