It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 00:07
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

“ElcoMotorYachts”

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2017, 21:43 

Just wondering if anyone on here has the Bass Pro Shop auto/manual 24 inflatable life jacket? It's the one that sells for $114.99. If so how is it? I've read that some inflatable vests will deploy if stored in a storage compartment that might get damp/wet. Thanks for any input.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 08:08 
Donor

I have this exact vest and love it. I've worn it in a light rain with no issues and had it in my semi-dry compartment during a down pour with no problems. I do take it out of the boat and keep it stored in my fishing/hunting closet in the house when not in use. I know someone who has the same vest and left it in his vehicle during the heat of summer and it deployed. But I won't ever go back to a standard life vest after having this one. SO much more comfortable to wear while fishing. I honestly forget I even have it on. FWIW, I got mine late winter/early spring a year or two ago on sale for something like $75. Not sure how often/when they run the sales though.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 09:57 
Donor

BigTerp wrote:
I know someone who has the same vest and left it in his vehicle during the heat of summer and it deployed.

I too have seen this happen with many brands of self-inflatable. But a little care in use and when not in use, will keep it working fine!

FYI, for the Fall weather, I bought one of those Mustang float coats. 100% waterproof and with the heavy offshore collar, it is supposed to keep my face out of the water if I fall over whilst knocked out. Only drawback is that due to the construction, it can be hot to wear if not cold out ...

#1) 1st tin rebuild, 18' Lund viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36583
#2) 25' Parker refurb from EMPTY hull http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB3/vie ... p?f=15&t=6
#3) 16' V-tin rebuild viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36465
#4 Procraft SV14
#5) 16' Starcraft entirely NEW Transom Skins viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37548

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 13:05 

That's what I'm afraid of, it deploying when I don't want it to. Wonder if BPS's higher dollar one has any problems. It's deploys differently I think.
I fish the Big Bass Bash at the Ozarks each year and anytime the big motor is on your jacket has to be on. It's a pain having to deal with putting on and taking off the vest each time you move.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 18:06 

I've had an auto inflatable vest for 6 or 7 years. It never went off accidentally, even though I fished in the rain with some regularity. That doesn't mean that the next one won't go off, though.

Mustang has come out with HIT technology. It only goes off if the unit is submerged in four inches of water. Expensive, but if you want the newest technology, you have to pay for it.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/mustang- ... t-with-hit

richg99

Karl Pearson"

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]