It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 06:12
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

VinylImagesInc

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 16:22 

sonny.barile wrote:
Crazyboat wrote:
stinkfoot wrote:
Are you planning on running a jet? My feeling with my 40hp jet was that it was sucking dirty water caused by the wake from both hulls mingling right where the intake was. I tried a jackplate but it was still sluggish. Went back to a 35hp prop.

No I'd be using a prop for sure.

Crazy....your not going to use that tunnel in the Hacky are ya?

BTW I just realized I didn't reply to your PM. Sorry Im getting forgetful in my old age.

Im down by the development. I wonder if I already know you.........

I'm thinking of something for the Hacky, are you against the idea? I just need something with a soft ride for my back. I don't think I know you yet but maybe one day. Do you fish/ride the Hack?

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 16:26 

RiverBottomOutdoors wrote:
Crazyboat wrote:
RiverBottomOutdoors wrote:
Loss of displacement.. Increase in drag. Cavatation from trapped air. Bad idea.

So the two builders shared in the link are crazy as well as Livingston brand fiberglass boats? Maybe you should rethink, but thanks for the opinion.

Maybe you should google hydrodynamics and learn the difference between planing hulls and displacement hulls. Thinking is a side affect of not knowing....so nothing to rethink on my end. Good luck with turning your jon boat into a catamaran.

Here's a good site for beginners:
https://www.boat-ed.com/pennsylvania/st ... 101039011/

I am aware for the differences between displacement and planning hulls, Fact is with displacement hulls you can overcome the drag and plane out with enough HP, not all cats are displacement hulls, see World Cat for great examples, see Ocean racer cat's for other examples. If you took time to look at one of the two links mentioned above you'd see the boat does plane off. Sure you need enough surface to get the weight up out of the water, just like with a water skier, same difference here.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 18:33 

There was a guy that had what I think was a 14 ft. cat that was fishing the hack. I would cross paths with him on the water once in a while. I haven't seen him in a few years though. It was a propped motor and it looked like he had a soft ride planing. I would mostly see him in the vicinity of the route 3 bridges.

I have a 16 ft Duranautic aluminum side console and it is not a soft ride when the river gets rolling. If you have a bad back and your looking to run on our local waters, I think those 33rd Strike boats would do the trick.

Im bringing my boat back to the dealer tomorrow for some outboard trouble. When I get it back, your welcome to come out for a fishing day on the river with me.

Let me know if your interested....

Sonny

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37700
DN13 on the run (video)
http://vid1346.photobucket.com/albums/p ... 3ciqmm.mp4

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 18:48 

sonny.barile wrote:
There was a guy that had what I think was a 14 ft. cat that was fishing the hack. I would cross paths with him on the water once in a while. I haven't seen him in a few years though. It was a propped motor and it looked like he had a soft ride planing. I would mostly see him in the vicinity of the route 3 bridges.

I have a 16 ft Duranautic aluminum side console and it is not a soft ride when the river gets rolling. If you have a bad back and your looking to run on our local waters, I think those 33rd Strike boats would do the trick.

Im bringing my boat back to the dealer tomorrow for some outboard trouble. When I get it back, your welcome to come out for a fishing day on the river with me.

Let me know if your interested....

Sonny

Sonny, what days do you fish? And what does the river yield, not that it's for eating of course, just to wet a line and shoot the breeze. Later I'll shoot you my number via PM.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2