It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 06:13
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

akmccallumco

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What motor should I get
15hp 2 stroke 
20hp 2 stroke  
25hp 2 stroke 
15hp 4 stroke 
20hp 4 stroke 
25hp 4 stroke 
You may select 1 option

View results

Post subject: What motor size?
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2016, 21:43 

Whoopbass wrote:
Nice Motor
Don't be disappointed if you don't hit the high 20's. I could only hit 28-29 mph with 25 or 30 hp motors on a 15' boat. I got low 30's with a 40hp motor. My boat is heavier because its decked out but still..... You will hit low 20's and maybe 25 mph if the wind and current is right.

Nice motor and I agree with what was said above. I've got a 15hp Johnson myself on a 1648 and I get about 21-22 mph solo with the factory sized prop. With a lighter boat turning a few more rpms and having very little prop slip 25 mph is about the theoretical max my motor could achieve.

If you want to prop it just right you will need a tach and if you want to calculate prop slip and toy around with some theoretical top speeds you can use the link below. You just need to find your drive ratio to use as an input.

http://www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm

Post subject: What motor size?
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2016, 22:36 

I appreciate the link I may look into getting a tachometer in the future to play around with a different prop but first day out I got 25mph. Not bad I'm definitely happy with it. I'm just hoping when I throw a few decoys, ammo boxes, guns, and other gear, plus another person if not 2 that I can still get it to hop on plane.

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2