It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 16:25
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

Xtremeboats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Ice for my cooler
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2016, 19:21 

jethro wrote:
sonny.barile wrote:
I watched one of those fishing shows on tv and I saw them stuffing the fish with ice cubes when they put it in the ice chest. Seems logical as it would cool the fish faster if the ice is inside and out.

Well that's what the pros do with tuna. Pack them inside and out with ice. I seen it on Wicked Tuna!

I don't drink my tap water since I live in kinda an industrial area, so I buy gallon jugs of water. I drink them at home then when empty freeze them with the tap water. Then I cut it open with a razor knife and use an ice pick to break it up into big chunks. Some places are $3 a bag for ice! Not happening.

Yup.....thats the show I saw it on.
My water is from a reservoir and it is ok I guess. I put an under the sink filter to make it a little better. Tastes good but it lowers the pressure enough to be annoying. The only way I would pay $3 for ice is if it were made of beer. :beer:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37700
DN13 on the run (video)
http://vid1346.photobucket.com/albums/p ... 3ciqmm.mp4

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2016, 19:04 

Good idea to put ice in my cooler ahead of time, then I can have more made so I'm always ahead. I don't think I will ever have any issues with an ice maker that makes 50lbs a day.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2016, 19:06 

If you can break down and a yeti cooler the biggest one you can you will have too fork over some $$ but it will safe you in the long run i fish a lot in the Ga heat and I can keep ice for 2/3 days if you dont open and close it a lot

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 13:44 

I like the yeti coolers but imo $300+ for a piece of plastic is rediculous. The coolers themselves are big on the outside but really small on the inside because the walls are 10ft thick,my 70qt marine igloo does just fine for $50. The ice maker I got is insane and makes 2lbs of ice per hr so ice will never be a problem again. I made near 100lbs in less than 2days,that is killer. Plus I put filtered water in it for regular home ice and it's clean ice cubes instead of tap water. Best $187 I Ever spent. It will pay for itself in months.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2