It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 17:07
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

AirboatCoatings

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2016, 17:49 

Man... I'm sure you can sell that ob and find a long shaft at a comparable price. Not that all the other stuff wouldn't help but if you plan on keeping that hull then just get the longer shaft.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2016, 18:06 

Well, shucks, that is good news. Now you can just start with the weight distribution and hope that it works. rich

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2016, 19:02 

Im not sure where the short shaft 15 " and 20 inch transom came from I did not read that from this post. If your planning fin on your motor is withen one inch of the bottom of the boat then BS you dont need a long shaft motor. You need one size smaller pitch on your prop so as to get your RPMs up, you are lugging the motor and have no pulling low end power. Dont listen to no BS get you a RPM gauge and set the RPMs where they are suppose to be by correct pitch and be done with it. The motor WILL plane the boat if its not wore out and has correct HP

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2016, 19:45 

I have no idea what pitch prop I have it's old and beaten uo

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2016, 06:05 

Take it to a prop shop they usually have a few laying around to try out to see what RPMs your running. IF YOU buy your next prop from them. Yours is in bad shape you need one anyway. If ya dont have the option of a RPM gauge run a couple sizes down until you get her to plane. We ran a 20 on a 1648 Polar craft heavy boat for many years before we learned from all the experts we were under sized on the HP BS !

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2016, 17:08 

Well took it out today and moved some weight around and she planed out but still under to much load, ordered a new prop with smaller pitch so should be ready to rock, went 20 according to GPS but I know she's has more in her

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2016, 17:13 

Great news..... if your prop was as damaged as you indicated...there was power/thrust being lost just there. Hope it works even better when you get the new one. richg99

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2016, 20:28 

I may be late to this dance but can you find a long shaft extension to add to the engine? It might prove to be the easiest fix in the long run.

1" above, we have to remember it's not a cavitation plate, it's an "anti" cavitation plate. Should be sledding or skimming across the top of the water or ever so slightly under. (1/8")

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2016, 17:09 
Donor

Just curious - what boat did this engine come off of? I think you need to know the engine
WOT RPM.

1. Difference in weight between the two
2. WOT RPM & speed each boat
3. Current prop

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2