It is currently 27 May 2018, 17:28
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

Wired2fish

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 15:43 

Hi everybody, I recently bought a new Jon Boat just so I could get out on the water again (I was tired of shore fishing). Unfortunately, my budget was tight and I could not afford a true Bass Boat so my plan is to modify my own boat. I would like a casting deck but I am open to many ideas. I have been perusing this site for the past few months trying to get ideas but I don't know what would be the best for my specific boat. Anything and everything will help. Thanks!

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2016, 01:34 

Lots of ideas here! Can you post a picture of your boat?

12' Alumacraft (V-hull) Build To Bass Boat!
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 16:48 

I sure can!

20160709_092054.jpg

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 01:33 

1-1/8 sturdy floor, get u a 4x8sheet, and a few real hinges,cut the plywood to fit , hinge it on/off that little front deck and have it lay across the next bench ( in the middle) u can walk all over it and done right it will feel/an be solid, then u can toss gear under it ..out of site out of mine !..cheap <50$ :oops:

IMG_20170117_203227.jpg

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2017, 10:07 
Donor

atvalaska wrote:
1-1/8 sturdy floor, get u a 4x8sheet, and a few real hinges,cut the plywood to fit , hinge it on/off that little front deck and have it lay across the next bench ( in the middle) u can walk all over it and done right it will feel/an be solid, then u can toss gear under it ..out of site out of mine !..cheap <50$ :oops:

Love the drawing! Who needs CAD? In about two minutes you've covered all the necessary points in less time than it takes for my drawing program to boot up. Also, my symbols library doesn't include beer or fish. Well done!

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2017, 20:36 

Blank canvas!! I'd love to have that boat for a couple weeks.. I'd fix you up great!! I love doing them.. Mine is perfect for my fishing style but I'm getting ready to gut it all out and redo it just to do it all over again, better... I want more storage, more compartments... But my boat is bigger than that one..

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2017, 17:58 

atvalaska wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion! Seems like an easy mod and cheap too. I was thinking about a more in-depth mod than that however. Here is what I have theorized.

File comment: I removed the casting deck so yall could see the frame below. Is it too much? Will it put too much weight on the boat? Would anyone suggest putting metal framework down instead of wood?
JonBoat Concept.jpg

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]