It is currently 27 May 2018, 17:25
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

Xtremeboats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Seat pedestal question
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2016, 11:51 

I just purchased a used 2013 Lowe AN160T v-hull and I'm having a tough time removing the seat pedestals from the floor sockets. It appears that the clearance between the pedestal and socket is really tight which makes them sticky so is there any kind of dry lube that could be put in the socket to loosen them up a little? I attached a picture of the pedestal.

IMG_0146.jpg

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2016, 17:14 

I have the same seat sockets, which came from a '96 Lowe. Mine come out relatively easily.

If and when you get them out, I've read about guys sanding the plastic insert to give a bit more clearance. It may be that the original owner never took them out much and some gunk built up. WD40 is a pretty good "gunk remover". richg99

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2016, 13:14 

richg99 wrote:
I have the same seat sockets, which came from a '96 Lowe. Mine come out relatively easily.

If and when you get them out, I've read about guys sanding the plastic insert to give a bit more clearance. It may be that the original owner never took them out much and some gunk built up. WD40 is a pretty good "gunk remover". richg99

Thanks for the help, I got them out so I think I will try sanding out the insert. Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]