It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 04:28
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

Xtremeboats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2016, 14:52 

I bought an older 86 Alumacraft and it appears to be a Super Hawk series Mod. V. I bought it primarily for the 40 hp jet on the back as it was a decent price. It is a side console with plywood floor and front and rear decks.
It looks similar to this one: http://www.louisianasportsman.com/lpca/index.php?section=classifieds&event=view&action=single_ad&id=92470&sid=0dc64632af03d66d7f6397d405367b36

After a very slow river ride (20 mph, took forever to plane out), I decided to gut it out and turn it into an open floor plan gigging/hunting boat.
I pulled the front and rear deck plywood off and it was full of old foam, water that cant drain, wires and tubing.

The floor has a bracket around the sides that covers the plywood/carpet.
I'm wondering how you do remove the bracket covering the floor section since it appears to be riveted to the hull.

I also noticed the braces are either really short or this boat doesn't have them? looks odd.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]