It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 04:00
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

Xtremeboats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Now I done it!
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2016, 10:46 

I Just picked up a used 2013 Yamaha F40JEHA that I have been looking for for quite awhile.
The original plan was to put it on my 1654 FB, but have since changed my mind and am now looking for another hull to put it on. #-o
I need another boat like I need a hole in the head, but I figured it would be better to have a dedicated river boat with a sacrificial hull instead of beating up the mint hull on the 1654, which happens to be a boat that I really like.
Oh well, at least I now have a jet, now all I need to do is find a suitable hull to mount it on. Probably going to be a used 16' MV for the river, just hope it don't take as long to find as the motor! :lol:
Also, hope it don't turn into another project, bare bones with a few necessities should suffice, but I think we all heard that before!

Post subject: Re: Now I done it!
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2016, 11:16 

"...Also, hope it don't turn into another project, bare bones with a few necessities should suffice, but I think we all heard that before!"

Yep

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Post subject: Now I done it!
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2016, 16:47 

How well will the MV work with a jet? Just curious. I've "heard" (internet hearsay) that ideally you'd want a totally flat bottom so that the pump can't pick up air. I don't know, never owned one.....have run a few, and they're kind of fun (but noisy, fuel hungry, and don't turn worth a flip)-BUT they are the cat's meow in shallow rocky waters.....

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]