It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 13:20
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

akmccallumco

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: just wondering
PostPosted: 08 May 2013, 20:33 

Two people its not too bad. I have done several float trips down the shenandoah in mine. Once with a 250 lb dude up front! We did fine. I had two rod holders on the transom and two conduit clips on the front bench. The 10' I bought just for the truck. Very manageable for one man to load. Back way down the ramp! With the tail gate down I would almost have the end in the water. Take the tm, battery and tackle box out and it is a sinch

PostPosted: 08 May 2013, 21:02 

thanks colbyt , I did that when I fixed the leaks, that is when I rembered the 350 lb. limit
so I know with me at 212 lb. with out gear, I know the other person can be no more that 100 lb.
then gear, so it becomes a one person boat with battery fish finder and trolling motor and gear.
just right for the river where it is narrow and shallow and trees under the surface .

PostPosted: 08 May 2013, 21:39 

Mine did fine. We also had a big cooler of beer. It was a 7 mile float. We stopped using the canoe after flipping it a couple times. Big man and another man in little canoe didn't work. You will be suprised at what that little boat will do and where ot will go.

PostPosted: 08 May 2013, 22:30 

thanks colbyt, I did the oar thing when I fixed the leaks. then I realized the 350 lb. limit.
me at 212 lb. with out gear, so this 10' jon boat is a one person boat with trolling motor, battery and fish finder and gear.
but it is perfect for the river.

PostPosted: 09 May 2013, 21:01 

thank you colbyt, as the 350lb. limit is the key as I am212lb. with out gear, and when you take in to the fact of battery and trolling motor and fish finder. the other person has to be real light. as it is the perfect one person boat for the river.

PostPosted: 09 May 2013, 21:18 

thanks lovedr79, I still have some safety stuff to get befor I go to the lake, and the warden dose not get to the river much.
and the chance of ticket is less. although when I get paid extinguisher I will buy.
you never know and safety is a must.

PostPosted: 10 May 2013, 20:44 

well I was in a guy's old boat yard, and there was an abc. fire extinguisher there that was good, so I talked to the guy and got it free.
got home and it was raining cats and dogs it is not good for fishing, some luck now to wate for the weather to be good and check the river.

PostPosted: 11 May 2013, 21:22 

Good job on the fire extinguisher. I always have one in my boats. And I like to have a throwable cushion. Along with life vests. I have been out on the chesapeake bay and been checked by the coast guard while running my buddies 27' cabin cruiser. The CG checks everything and then some. So I have some carry over to my little boats from operating big boats.

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 16:10 

thanks lovedr79, I always carry an extra life jacket, even though it is just me, because like you said you never know.
and the ticket cost is always more than safety, and I could be out and have to help out if I see trouble.
nice guys thay say finish last, but I think live the best life.

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 16:26 

I use my 10' to fish the flats. It has a 6hp and 3 gallons of gas, front deck, anchor and gear, trolling motor and battery, cast net and bait well. I have well over 400lbs in the boat and i would guess about 450lbs. The weigt limit for my boat is "350" as well however I feel perfectly safe in my boat even when driving across the bay. I would just be sure to have your life jackets in case an emergency. The trolling motor I use is a 30lb thrust minn Kota and it pushes the boat good. When I take a passenger I only bring the outboard and remove the deck and still feel safe fishing with two in the boat. You just need to be careful!

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 23:05 

thanks JRyno10, at 100 over the limit is that be for you guys ? or with you guys?
and do you have extra flotation so you can keep the shallow drift. and get over branches in the water and rocks?
because I do a lot of river fishing, and got my fish finder to help out with the water side, and that shallow draft comes in handy.

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2