It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 22:23
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

BoatCoversDirect

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 12' Klamath
PostPosted: 06 May 2011, 13:36 

Ive been reading the forum for awhile and decided to register and participate

I have an 1982 12' Klamath that Ive had for awhile. I haven't fished much in it over the last few years due to the older 2 stroke mercury. Ca lakes dont like 2 strokes anymore. Also the motor acts weird after running for awhile, starts sputtering, wont restart, etc.

Im looking to replace the 9.9 Merc with a new outboard, does anyone have any experience with the 9.8 to 15hp Tohatsu outboards? Would this be a good choice? Im a light weekend/vacation fisher.

has anyone added any floor decking in a 12' Klamath? I dont want to pull the benches but possibly just add some carpeted decking between the seats. Seeing all the mods here on the boats has got me thinkin about some new options to make the boat more comfortable and easier to fish from

Thanks

Mike

PostPosted: 06 May 2011, 13:43 

WHAT YEAR IS THAT MERC? SOME OF THOSE RUN FOREVER COULD JUST BE NEEDIN A LIL LOVE

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20263, my 82 mirro build

http://www.powerstream.com/wire_size.htm voltage drop, and wire size charts, pretty useful stuff!! not just for 12v either

PostPosted: 07 May 2011, 00:18 

Im not sure of the exact year it's as old as the boat or older. Its definitely a good motor I just need a 4 stroke for the lakes I like to fish.

PostPosted: 11 May 2013, 16:45 

Been awhile since I posted in here...

The motor is a 68' 110 Mercury

I found the issue with my Merc about a week after I posted in here, was a condenser that was going bad, cost me all of about 8 bucks and about an hour to replace. The motor has been running like a champ since. I was having so much fun fishing I forgot to add a response =)

I figured Ill fish the lakes that I have always liked, theres only a few CA lakes that dont like the 2 strokes and those lakes didnt matter to me that much after all

http://www.dbw.ca.gov/Environmental/TwoStroke/

I just sold the boat and motor, I hope the guy who has it now takes care of it like I did.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]