Who should be next??? Try to be impartial people...lol

Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
Littlec

Post by Littlec » 02 May 2011, 12:16

I would get the fiberglass one. I redid a deck on a 19ft cuddy cab in a day. It was very easy just took some patients.

Xtremeboats
jbakerinc

Post by jbakerinc » 02 May 2011, 12:34

Littlec wrote:I would get the fiberglass one. I redid a deck on a 19ft cuddy cab in a day. It was very easy just took some patients.
I have them both already. Just debating on which one to keep which one to sell.

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool » 02 May 2011, 14:22

I work with fiberglass for a living and doing a floor job is not that easy on that kind of baot. Especially since you do not know the condition of the stringers and the transom. With gas prices going to $4 a gallon I would much rather tow a tin boat than a fiberglass one. Unless your building a solid glass stringer and transom fiberglass boat with a composite floor your always going to have to worry about the wood rotting. If your not very familiar with the products and this would be your first time working with it, then I would strongly suggest the tin boat.

Good luck on which ever one you choose.

jbakerinc

Post by jbakerinc » 02 May 2011, 15:11

wanted to say. i am like 6'4" and 350lbs. just a big guy. will one be more stable than the other. original plans were to do the blue fin put in a console and run it. i dont want to lean to the side all day driving. idk. just a concern.

fender66

Post by fender66 » 02 May 2011, 16:20

I like the 1978 Blue Fin Sea Hawk 16ft first. Has a lot of class and I think would look great restored. Second....the 1977 Hurst T-170A Aerated because it could make a great big lake bass hunter. But...this is all without knowledge of condition on either.

My .02 worth even thought it's probably not worth that much really. :LOL2:
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool » 02 May 2011, 17:43

Well that changes things a bit. With your weight I would guess that the glass boat has a higher total weight load than the tin. What are the max loads in lbs. on both? By the time you get in the tin with some gear and batteries and a motor you might be at the max load.

jbakerinc

Post by jbakerinc » 02 May 2011, 18:01

huntinfool wrote:Well that changes things a bit. With your weight I would guess that the glass boat has a higher total weight load than the tin. What are the max loads in lbs. on both? By the time you get in the tin with some gear and batteries and a motor you might be at the max load.
1195lbs total on the tin. Cant find the plate or info on the glass. Oh to be that "average" tin boater. 145 lbs. :roll: .lol

bcbouy

Post by bcbouy » 02 May 2011, 19:42

if you have an aluminum already going,do the glass. i did one about 7 years ago.my floors were way worse,but came out good. i had before/after pics,but lost them when my old harddrive packed it in,but the boat turned out beautiful,and i made almost a grand of profit for a boat/motor i got for free.and it was a fun project.
if all else fails....stop using all else

jbakerinc

Post by jbakerinc » 02 May 2011, 19:48

I have my 14ft Nymph all ready to go. well i have to wire everything to the switch panel but... its good to go. i just dont know what to do ya know..

huntinfool

Post by huntinfool » 02 May 2011, 22:28

jbakerinc wrote:1195lbs total on the tin. Cant find the plate or info on the glass. Oh to be that "average" tin boater. 145 lbs. :roll: .lol
I wish I was 145 lbs.!!!! Heck, I be happy with 200 lbs.

That tin has a pretty good max load rating. With you, a motor, a battery or two and some gear, you sould still have room for another person. I like the tin, but how are you at fiberglass? I think that will make a big difference.

DGF

Post by DGF » 03 May 2011, 01:58

Blue Fin!

You've just got to love a good tiller model.
Tight Lines,
Dan

jbakerinc

Post by jbakerinc » 03 May 2011, 07:44

Yeah i have only work with glass a little. I think I have figured it out...

I think im going to do the tin. put the 70 and the steering on the tin. and fish it.

I think then I will crack that glass boat open and see how bad it really is. then go from there.

oh yeah and sell my 14ft Sea Nymph

jbakerinc

Post by jbakerinc » 03 May 2011, 19:31

Well i was outside poking around in the Hurst today after work before the rain came. WOW. Too much rot. I dont want to deal with it.

I think I am going to use it as a doner boat for all the goodies it has and send it back down the road for what I paid for it. Only paid 200 for it anyway.

Looks like it is the tin. I like the alot less work too. have a Johnson 9.9 and a kicker bracket. Ill be good to go.
Thank you for everyones input. I guess Ill still have to hold out for the "true" bass boat.

bAcKpAiN

Post by bAcKpAiN » 04 May 2011, 11:43

That glass one is going to need a full restore. You will probably have to redo it all the way down to the stingers. I would stay far away from it personally.

jbakerinc

Post by jbakerinc » 04 May 2011, 11:44

yeah Im gonna jump ship with the glass one.

TIN IT TO WIN IT!!!