It is currently 25 May 2018, 01:24
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

SwampRunner

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Frogs
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 09:52 

LDUBS wrote:
Got pimento loaf in my stocking on Christmas morning. LOL.

Hahah nice

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 14:21 

Funny, My mom used to make us eat a little bit of everything. I wasn't very fussy, but there were a few things I don't care for. One of them is beets. As a kid, Mom always made me eat one, "She used to say you have to make sure you don't like them. I would eat one slice, make a face, and that would be that. The rest of my family loves beets, so Mom makes them a lot. To this day, if I am at Moms, and she makes beets, I take one. I know I don't like them, and she hasn't made me take one in years, but I still take one and force myself to eat it. I guess I am just checking to make sure I still don't like them...

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2018, 14:23 

We did catch frogs and make frogs legs at my parents cottage. We would go out in the canoe after dark, and spot them with a flashlight and shoot them with a old crappy pellet gun.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 11:08 

LDUBS wrote:
When I was young it was during that era when you had to eat everything on your plate or not leave the table. Okra nights were tough. If my brother or I made too big of a fuss about not liking something, there would be a payback, and it would be clever and happen when you least expect it. I complained about pimento loaf a little too much once. Got pimento loaf in my stocking on Christmas morning. LOL.

man i love some okra. i just planted a bunch. i usually end up eating most of it raw in the garden. i like baking okra, little bit of olive oil, dust with your favorite seasoning. comes out great.

PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 20:09 

I found a spot today, walking on a tax paid paved trail. I quickly found myself wanting to come back in August at night. Me, waders, a light, and a gig. There is a creek running along the trail that is slam full. The trail is a tiny nature preserve, fresh with new deer tracks, in the middle of urbania. The whole trail is like 6 miles long, and used for walking and exercising. I just couldn't help myself for planning a covert summertime frog mission.

PostPosted: 19 May 2018, 01:18 

ncfishin wrote:
I found a spot today, walking on a tax paid paved trail. I quickly found myself wanting to come back in August at night. Me, waders, a light, and a gig. There is a creek running along the trail that is slam full. The trail is a tiny nature preserve, fresh with new deer tracks, in the middle of urbania. The whole trail is like 6 miles long, and used for walking and exercising. I just couldn't help myself for planning a covert summertime frog mission.

That's what we used to do in high school. Local park had a nice pond next to the appomattox river (park was gated and closed at night) walking distance from my buddy's house...... gigged many frogs out of there.

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2