1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
Post Reply
ckhenshaw4
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Jul 2017, 16:53

1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by ckhenshaw4 » 04 Mar 2018, 19:15

Well, first time posting a build thread. I bought a 1980 Bass Tracker II at the end of last summer, and wanted to do some fishing with it before winter. Now I have started to do my complete rebuild from top to bottom including the trailer. I have completely gutted the boat, and have it off the trailer, so I will have to add pictures of that later. I have started completely stripping the trailer, and have gotten this far. It came with a 1984 Johnson 35hp Seahorse that runs like a watch. I will also be completely redoing the engine also, and have all new decals for it. Here are a couple of pictures to where I am at now. ImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Xtremeboats
lpotter
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 10:51
Location: Oklahoma

1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by lpotter » 20 Mar 2018, 19:47

Updates?

ckhenshaw4
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Jul 2017, 16:53

Re: 1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by ckhenshaw4 » 22 Mar 2018, 19:50

lpotter wrote:Updates?
lpotter, sorry but not much more done. I have gotten the axle off and have completed getting everything down to steel. I have primed a couple of pieces, and have painted some nuts and bolts.
Hope to make some decent progress this weekend. Thanks for following, more to come really soon, I promise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ckhenshaw4
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Jul 2017, 16:53

Re: 1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by ckhenshaw4 » 24 Mar 2018, 19:09

Well, finally got to work on the trailer today and got it all primed. And even started painting some nuts and bolts. ImageImage

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ckhenshaw4
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Jul 2017, 16:53

Re: 1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by ckhenshaw4 » 27 Mar 2018, 22:11

Yesterday finally was able to get the trailer painted. Didn't have enough of one color tan for the entire job, so I mixed several different cans of different variations and came up with what I have. Have to say, I really like how it turned out. Also was able to get everything else painted also. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dwjones16
Posts: 13
Joined: 26 Mar 2018, 14:34

Re: 1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by dwjones16 » 28 Mar 2018, 23:23

ckhenshaw4 wrote:Yesterday finally was able to get the trailer painted. Didn't have enough of one color tan for the entire job, so I mixed several different cans of different variations and came up with what I have. Have to say, I really like how it turned out. Also was able to get everything else painted also. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
looking great...I have to do the same thing...how are you applying? Brush/spray?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckhenshaw4
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Jul 2017, 16:53

Re: 1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by ckhenshaw4 » 29 Mar 2018, 02:18

dwjones16 wrote:
ckhenshaw4 wrote:Yesterday finally was able to get the trailer painted. Didn't have enough of one color tan for the entire job, so I mixed several different cans of different variations and came up with what I have. Have to say, I really like how it turned out. Also was able to get everything else painted also. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
looking great...I have to do the same thing...how are you applying? Brush/spray?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HVLP spray gun. It's a base coat clear coat application just as painting a car. Automotive paint and clear coat.
Very happy with the way it turned out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ckhenshaw4
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Jul 2017, 16:53

Re: 1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by ckhenshaw4 » 06 May 2018, 14:32

Ok Tinboat family. I was FINALLY able to get the trailer all back together. New carpet on bunks, new paint job, new decals for the trailer, all new LED lights, and as you can see new hold down straps from Cabela's. Now it's time to get the boat back on and start putting it back together.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

User avatar
onthewater102
Posts: 2042
Joined: 15 Mar 2014, 16:57
Location: CT

1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by onthewater102 » 08 May 2018, 15:38

If that's the trailer I can't wait to see the boat!
I have a marriage license and a fishing license, but I only carry one in my wallet.


For Sale - Custom Hand Tied Jigs, Bladed Jigs,Custom Rods

2002 Alumacraft 1436LT w/ 1984 Mariner Tiller Converted to Remote & 55# Minn Kota Terrova 12v (removable)

1985 Bass Tracker III - Restoration w/ 1988 Mercury 60hp

Bowlershop
Posts: 309
Joined: 30 Jun 2014, 21:44
Location: Baraboo, Wisconsin

1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by Bowlershop » 08 May 2018, 19:52

Looks great!

ckhenshaw4
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Jul 2017, 16:53

Re: 1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by ckhenshaw4 » 08 May 2018, 21:07

onthewater102 wrote:If that's the trailer I can't wait to see the boat!
Thank you. It did take a long time, but came out well. Starting on the boat this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ckhenshaw4
Posts: 40
Joined: 04 Jul 2017, 16:53

Re: 1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by ckhenshaw4 » 08 May 2018, 21:07

Bowlershop wrote:Looks great!
Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

akboats
Posts: 27
Joined: 06 Apr 2018, 00:51

1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by akboats » 17 May 2018, 19:34

I like that concocted color you have on your trailer looks great. Now cant wait to see the boat build.

Blkrvrbart
Posts: 24
Joined: 30 Mar 2018, 23:48

1980 Bass Tracker II rebuild.

Post by Blkrvrbart » 19 May 2018, 22:18

You need to formulate that color and package spray cans. Great job on the trailer.

Post Reply