Princecraft Yukon 15

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
ProduceMan

Princecraft Yukon 15

Post by ProduceMan » 19 Jan 2018, 23:55

A tip I got from this sight, use heat-shrink tube on your foil's bolts.
1973 Hewescraft Big Fisherman 14
1980 Johnson 15
“I love being alive and will be the best man I possibly can. I will seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.” Duane Allman

TheLastCall

Princecraft Yukon 15

Post by TheLastCall » 17 Jun 2018, 09:00

So it’s been a while since I’ve had the opportunity to update my build.

I’ve been away for work for the last 4 1/2 months. Work keeps getting in the way of my hobbies.

I got the electrical panel sorted out and put back in. It’s raised off the bottom on the boat by almost 3 inches so even if I do get water in the boat I don’t worry about it.

All the benches are back in, for now.

I got a Garmin Striker 5cv to put in the boat. To mount the transducer I used a 1 inch cutting board bolted on the transom. Worked amazing. Now I can move or add transducers as needed without drilling new holes. I mounted the unit across for where I sit ( I don’t care for it there more on that later)

So I got the motor back on the boat, went to start it and ... nothing. I ended up having to rebuild the carburetor, old fuel gelled in it.

So I’ve had it out a few time now and figured out what I like and why needs to change, I’ll start with the likes;

- the hydrofoil, it has cut my bow rise by more than half. The boat gets up on plane really fast and it will stay on plane at 1/2 throttle.

- the scotty mount on the stern are great for keeping rods away from the kids, and clears up space in the boat

- the new battery location and securing fuel tank. Again it cleared clutter in the bottom of the boat. I also put it opposite to where I sit so it evened out the weight.

Now for the dislikes;

- fish finder location. I find I’m looking down at it more then I should so I’ll be moving it to one of the oar locks so it’s closer to me when fishing from the front and up a little when moving.

- fish finder. Don’t get me wrong I love the unit and it’s great quality but the gps function is useless to me the lakes here are all fairly small and generally I fish the same lake over and over so I know where things are and don’t need a gps.

- no storage. All my gear is kept in milk crates so it’s easy to move around but I want something more permanent so I don’t have to move it around.

- I need a trolling motor. Where I fish smaller lake running my outboard is like a siren for the fish. And the lakes here are all shallow ( 25 ft deepest), I’m usually fishing in less than 5 ft of water. Running a trolling motor will save my outboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLastCall

Princecraft Yukon 15

Post by TheLastCall » 17 Jun 2018, 09:34

So here is the plan for the future, when I get more funds. The boat is very stable so I’m not concerned about the raised deck. I might add a seat near the bot but I’m still undecided. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk