It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 06:17
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

FishonFabrications

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 13:40 

For waterfowl I like the deck ideas. I'd install pedestals on the floor between the benches if that's going to be hunting from the boat. But if it's transport I'd be sure to just incorporate a hatch in the front big enough for your blind bags that is relatively water tight. Enough so the rain stays out. Otherwise covering the gas tank and battery in the rear is smart too. With my boat I just bought for waterfowl, a friend is welding the brackets for a rear deck. The same with a front deck. The front doesn't have a hatch though and just has it open below. The rear is hatched for gas tank and battery, and he middle bench is hatched as well. Floor has 3 pedestals to hunt from. I find this manner to be a perfect blend for fishing and hunting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 19:26 

I want your boat. At some point could you see if the two struts running down the middle of the floor are the same height on each end? When I look at the front of mine it's hard to tell what's level even when I lay something across all the benches.

I talked to a Smokercraft dealer today and he said manufacturers didn't use marine plywood back then.

14 ft Lone Star w/15hp Evinrude sold

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017, 11:12 

Well....I'm back at it. Boat is gutted and I am prepping for paint. Looking for a process that will be durable and cost effective?? Do I need to prime?? What kind on paint to buy, etc.

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2