It is currently 23 Jul 2018, 05:21
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

FishonFabrications

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: '17 1860 Alumacraft
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2016, 10:46 

hitlights are awesome, can't believe how much less they cost than the same product on superbrightleds.com & other websites. i used the 16/2 tinned marine duplex wire for the install, & it cost more than the lights! lol

i ran the main wire for these LEDs from the center console into the bilge, then from the bilge up into the bow, removed the trolling motor panel for access to the bow to get to the gunwales, & ran the main wire to the starboard side, then a jumper wire to the port side. i then spliced the main wire going to that starboard side into the existing courtesy light circuit so that when the existing courtesy light switch is hit, the red under gunwale lights come on as well:

it's just enough light to see what your doing in the dark, not trip & fall, figure out what decoy you have in hand, tie on a new hook, etc. without blinding you.

I also had the fabricator come yesterday to render the custom leaning post design. It's going to be sick! powder coated black, removable & stowable backrest, storage under seat, 4-6 rocket launchers, going with 33" width & 13" off the bench height, hopefully he can find the old school or bottomlands fabric, but if not going to use tan...stay tuned!

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2016, 12:34 

Like the red, doesn't look like it would cause the night blindness that some do...:)

Post subject: Re: '17 1860 Alumacraft
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2016, 14:27 

Nice I like it. Does your boat have the wider rail so u can tuck your lights under? Yours don't seam to shine up like mine do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016, 08:41 

Fordracing2105 wrote:
Does your boat have the wider rail so u can tuck your lights under?
yea

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2016, 17:02 

chevyrulz wrote:
Fordracing2105 wrote:
Does your boat have the wider rail so u can tuck your lights under?
yea

I haven't had mine on the water yet but I think mine is going to be to bright. My boat was suppose to be order with a wider heavy rail but somewhere along the line it go screwed up. I might have to look for a dimmer.

Nice work again

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 12:12 

yea for a round rail, it may be worth considering courtesy lights firing forward from the rear of the boat, this would promote night vision

i have left mine on while running & i can still see just fine, that is why i went with red...it is nice to have more light than what got tying a knot though, i am considering running another strip of white next to the red on a separate circuit so i can activate the white when night vision isn't a consideration

well the only way to get old school or bottomlands is in a twill fabric that would hold water, noone sells a marine vinyl in those patterns i can find, so i went with the mossy oak shadowgrass pattern in a marine vinyl, it's the bottomlands pattern but with grass blades on it too:Image

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 14:06 

leaning post success!

before:

during:

this is a good view of the "flush mount" foot rest, typically they mount the foot rest tabs to where they stick out, but flush is the trick for not banging your shins:

after:

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 17:48 

Aannnddddddd I'm drooling

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2016, 19:54 

Nice! Makes me want to sell my 12 footer lol

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2016, 14:39 

haha thanks y'all, only other mods so far are the nav/anchor lights, rod holders, & the cleats (will edit this post with pics soon).

also, again with Alumacraft's INCOMPETENT WIRING! the anchor light, horn, and baitwell pump already quit. thankfully the dealer fixed these issues at no charge to me, dropped it off at noon, picked it up at 5, can't beat that! what stinks, is i know other systems will fail because they used interior grade electrical fittings on the entire wiring system (idiots) /rant over

NAV/ANCHOR LIGHTS
the factory had these bogus plug in style pole lights both for the 360 white anchor light out back & the red/green nav lights up front. i tossed all that in the garbage, & use the starboard side pole holder mounts that held these light poles to now hold my home-made anchor pin. now i have hardwired lights, flip the switch, lights come on, no more having to deploy/stow the stupid light poles or deal with inevitable failure of the pole/socket style lights, hurray!

for the nav light, i put the Attwood LED nav on the bow (same part i used my 1546), except when i went to pull the chrome cover to paint it tan, i realized the thing looks fine without the cover, under the cover is all black & waterproof so i just tossed the chrome cover in the garbage & called it good. :mrgreen:

for the anchor light, i went with the MaxItOutLEDs "Extreme Nav Light", it's a little shorter than factory, but it mounts on a Ram ball mount, & it's a solid fiberglass rod with sealed LEDs, rumor has it, it's the most reliable/durable nav light on the market & while it looks "home-made" it seems robust, plus it's made in the USA & recommended by GatorTrax boats.

CLEATS
same plastic 6" cleats as my 1546, but i used the factory T-track to mount them without drilling holes in the boat. at first i had used carriage bolts which i cut with my angle grinder to slide in the T-rail, but those were mounted with wingnuts which stuck out & made cleating more of a chore, so i ordered these stainless "extrusion nuts" & they work like a charm for flush mount bolting to the t-rail for cleats! (after some finessing with bolt cutters for fitment :mrgreen:), in retrospect, i think i could have ordered the square ones, & in a slightly larger diameter

ROD HOLDERS
grabbed these Attwood rod holders from Walmart. the package says to mount them 30" apart, but that seems wrong, they work fine the way i have them mounted which is more like 60" apart. i mounted them high so the fly rod would fit over the decks, and so the bottom rod is not touching the floor. used some leftover turf as a pad for the reels. it will hold 6, but it fits 4 way better. i have another pair of these, and I am considering getting some golf tubes & mounting the other 2 holders at the recommended 30" on the same side as these 2 so rods actual stow in rod tubes going into the front & rear decks, but that will be a chore so probably not on the menu any time soon

Last edited by chevyrulz on 01 Dec 2016, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 14:04 

didn't forget the pics, just busy, hurricane & all, also, the boat now has a wetsounds 4 speaker system with a 400 watt amp & bluetooth :mrgreen: stay tuned...

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016, 16:38 

That is the one fine leaning post.

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/RiverBottomOutdoors

My Boats:
1656 CCJ http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29361
1448 MV http://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15412

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2016, 10:29 

I've been thinking about getting that anchor light myself. Let us know how you like it after you have had the chance to use it a few times.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2016, 15:49 

thanks, & yes the guy who made the leaning post is the MAN! as far as the anchor light, i have had it out 10 or so trips, & i love it. i keep it folded down during the day & flip it up @ Night, it's very bright, & pretty much indestructible

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2016, 12:41 

here's the sound system:

all 4 speakers are Wet Sounds 6.5" :

the switch under the red horn button is the on/off for the amp, as soon as i flip it on, it connects to my phone & the music automatically starts playing:

this is the bluetooth antenna & controller, can change song or volume from this or from the phone, which is nice if it's raining & my phone is locked up in a dry box:

mounted the amp to the underside of the shelf inside the center console, drip loop in the wiring is to help it shed water:

& grab bar i wrapped with paracord:

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next