It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 08:52
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

akmccallumco

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2018, 23:11 

Not hijacking but here’s updates on mine ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: 1989 Bass Tracker TX17
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2018, 08:25 

Thanks, I actually went down to a local carpet store (family owned) last night after work, they had some really nice rubber backed marine carpet for $1.10 a square foot, she dropped it down to $1 a square foot and I wanted to make sure I had enough so I bought 28' x 6' along with outdoor carpet glue that they called around and recommended to me.......they do a lot of boats every summer so I trust them. That's it for me now though. Got the right size rivets and switch panel and pump are coming in today so this weekend's goal is to get the switch panel wired up, bilge pumps installed, and the rest of the aluminum cleaned up.

Jbower, lookin good can't wait to see how your rod locker comes out as I think you'll be on it before me

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 11:14 

Rod locker is coming along besides I just ran out of 2x3s Image

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 23:08 

Ranger seats??? lol and you're garage is so much cleaner than mine, currently looks like a bomb went off in mine! lol

So I have about 90% of the aluminum cleaned up for carpeting, and got a few more pieces taken off the boat that I've been putting off. Debating on if I want to paint the bottom aluminum pan for the bilge or just leave it. However the real fun began today when I decided to do something extremely stupid. Got my new switch panel and wanted to cut a hold for installing it in the console today. While this is an extremely easy task, in my mind I decided if I just tape the rubber gasket that came with it in place and trace the outside of it that I'd have a good template to cut. Well two things went wrong here. First since my switch panel is 4.5" high and 5" wide it's pretty close, and I managed to cut the hole the wrong way. On top of that since I traced the outside of the gasket the entire switch panel now fits right through the hole. Don't ask me what I was thinking because I honestly don't know. I'm usually very methodical about measuring and checking before cutting but that didn't happen. So, now I'm looking at ways to fix it. I'm thinking if I buy some 1/8" plastic sheet and cut it the right size I could mount that over the front of the console covering up my mistake and giving me a blank slate to mount my switch panel to.... not sure yet though. Attached a link to the plastic I'm looking at using.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Palight-Projec ... gIFffD_BwE

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 23:34 

Haha figured you’d get a kick out of the ranger seat. It was a pedestal seat a buddy kept out of one of his old boats. Although I do have a lead on a pair of white and grey legend seats that will go nicely . Man I hate when stupid mistakes happen. That plastic should work. I have a sheet of it in the shop I could possibly mail you a piece of you didn’t want to buy the whole piece or if you want my console and it’s the same you pay shipping and it’s yours. And the shop is clean mainly because I have to work in it everyday lol otherwise it would be a disaster. Rebuilding a etec 225 currently that snapped the crankshaft and also a Yamaha 4 stroke 150 that threw a rod out the side of the crankcase. In other words shops gotta be pretty clean for that. ImageImage

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 15:35 

I was set on building a new fiberglass console but my buddy ran across this online and we had to order one up. Cheap and looks great. https://m.ebay.com/itm/New-2016-G3-Spor ... Sw-kdX0bF4

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2018, 22:36 

That looks nice!! However, today I found some spare aluminum and fab'd up a piece to fit over the front of the console. Currently in the process of painting it to compliment the rest of the console, also painting the bilge pan. Got the two bilge pumps installed today, still have to run the hoses though. Planning on installing the bilge pan Tuesday and starting to plumb the livewell as well as re-assembling the rear deck since my foam should be here this week. Once painting is done I'll update with some pics this week.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2018, 18:05 

Good deal. Glad to hear it’s coming along. This stuff definitely adds up to be very time consuming. I got my deck framing painted and the deck boards cut out and one coat of paint on them. Nearing the finish besides the finish work lol. I still need to finish cutting the seat bases down I am removing 4 inches so that the seats don’t sit up so high. Also may have a deal worked out on a motor that’s a little bigger than the rated hp but if you go off the coast guard site and go off their calculations it would be in spec I believe. Oh well I have a vinyl plotter and can change the 115 real easy ImageImage

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 08:36 

Nice! looking good, hoping to get some more done tonight, got some pieces painted yesterday, so We'll see where we end up tonight, if I can remember though I'll post some pics of all of the little things I've been doing

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4