It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 19:26
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

BoatCoversDirect

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: how much snow?
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 10:05 
Donor

36" in about 36 hours in Falling Waters, WV. Kept ahead of it pretty well and we were completely dug out by yesterday morning. A lot of beer, movies and crappy food kept us going through the weekend. Top 3 snowstorm that I can remember in my 34 years.

My back porch

This was Saturday evening. Still got a few inches on top of it.

Duck season is in through this Saturday. My boat isn't getting dug out by then though :(

After a few hours running the snowblower.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 12:09 

I know this is not your typical snow but having to deal with a good bit of snow every winter would be enough to make me move. LoL I mean I love it if I want to ski or go tubing but I'll travel to it when and if I ever feel like I want to do those things again. I don't see how you guys that live in the heavy annual snow areas do it. Hope all endured it OK and that everyone has power back and all.

We got a light dusting (barely enough to turn the ground white) of snow on top of what looked like about 1/4" of ice that came down in the form of freezing rain. Roads refroze the first night and most of the back roads were clear enough to use after 2 days of sun.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 15:19 

I'm in central Wisconsin and only shoveled snow twice this year. Was less than 2 inches both times.
But with the constant frigid temperatures, the snow is all still here. About 4 inches of it.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 15:54 

Big Terp, I'm across the state on the Ohio river outside Parkersburg, we got about 14 inches. We haven't had a snow in the 30"s since 93. My cousin lived in Falling Waters, worked for the power company. He retired , went to NC. Just got some ice down there. I ran the snow blower all day yesterday, work for the local school system . Took today off to play in my shop. Hank

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2