It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 18:45
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

AirboatCoatings

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Out with the old........
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 10:44 

In with the new......

I decided to cave in to the rising gas prices and trade in my Nissan Titan Pickup truck for a Honda CR-V SUV and I'm not too happy. The 12 MPG and $90 to fill my Titan was killing me.

I was able to save a few bucks on the monthly payment and gas should be half the cost....

File comment: Nissan Titan
DSC00155.JPG
File comment: Honda CR-V
IMG_0024.jpg

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 10:49 

With gas at $3.95 a gallon, I think it was a smart choice. Conrgats on the new ride!

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 10:54 

Sorry to hear that, the titan was a nice truck, can the honda tow your boat? Man your butt is low to the ground now.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 12:00 

ACarbone624 wrote:
With gas at $3.95 a gallon, I think it was a smart choice. Conrgats on the new ride!

Thanks man. Yeah I figured that it may be easier to get out now before the dealers decide they do not want to take the pickups.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 12:03 

shamoo wrote:
Sorry to hear that, the titan was a nice truck, can the honda tow your boat? Man your butt is low to the ground now.

Yeah I'm going miss my Titan. I'm not used to my butt dragging the ground with the Honda :D
My first question to the salesman when I looked at the Honda. Does it have a tow package? :D

The answer is yes and I got a price from Franklin before I got the Honda. I will be there this week to get the tow hitch and wiring harness installed.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 12:05 

bcritch wrote:
shamoo wrote:

Yeah I'm going miss my Titan. I'm not used to my butt dragging the ground with the Honda :D
My first question to the salesman when I looked at the Honda. Does it have a tow package? :D

The answer is yes on towing my boat and I got a price from Franklin before I got the Honda. I will be there this week to get the tow hitch and wiring harness installed.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 13:27 

Sorry that you had to trade.. :( the Titan is a nice truck.. My Explorer has a V8 so I feel your pain, but I am not going to trade as the truck only has 9000 miles on it..

Carolina Skiff J14 Mods
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=27593

My fishing Rigs:
2009 Yukon Denali XL
2004 Ranger 519VX Comanche Ranger Cup
2004 Mercury EFI 200HP
2009 Tohatsu 9.8hp / electric start/ shortshaft
1999 Carolina Skiff J-14

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 14:04 

Also sorry you had to trade. My 2001 SuperCrew has the 5.4 Triton V8, and it's not real friendly on gas either.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 15:49 

I traded my silverado in back in october and picked up a mountaineer with a v6. Does a good job towing the boat, gets 22mpg, and still has plenty of room for the kids. Also starting driving my wife's car for work as it get 30mpg. It sure beats the killing I would have been taking driving the silverado.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 17:49 

I would love to unload my wife's '03 Silverado but she insists that we keep it. It was her first full size pick up bought brand new and she really likes it. It is starting to go through a lot of coolant and that means one thing. New head gasket. That crappy Dexcool. Too bad I didn't know about that before it started having issues.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. What is the towing capacity of the CR-V? It looks nice. How's the head and leg room?

The next time won't be the first time I've made the same mistake twice.
All the romance of fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 21:32 

flounderhead59 wrote:
I would love to unload my wife's '03 Silverado but she insists that we keep it. It was her first full size pick up bought brand new and she really likes it. It is starting to go through a lot of coolant and that means one thing. New head gasket. That crappy Dexcool. Too bad I didn't know about that before it started having issues.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. What is the towing capacity of the CR-V? It looks nice. How's the head and leg room?

Towing capacity on the CR-V 1500lbs :oops:
Towing capacity on the Titan 9500lbs

Good thing I only have a Jon Boat :D

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 21:53 

With my boat, I would need 2500lb cap. It was 1800lb new with no gas and now I have all my gear and a kicker motor. No trailer brakes so I need good braking on the tow vehicle. I use a Trailblazer and since it's paid for I can't see getting another payment book just to save a few gallons of gas.

The next time won't be the first time I've made the same mistake twice.
All the romance of fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2008, 00:09 

bcritch wrote:
In with the new......

I decided to cave in to the rising gas prices and trade in my Nissan Titan Pickup truck for a Honda CR-V SUV and I'm not too happy. The 12 MPG and $90 to fill my Titan was killing me.

I was able to save a few bucks on the monthly payment and gas should be half the cost....

12 miles! dang thats alot! i get like 9 or 10 in my 87 jeep. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]