It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 14:50
Join the free forum or login with your account and the annoying banner goes away

RazorBaits

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Sunglasses!
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010, 18:42 

cali27 wrote:
My buddy has oakley polarized and they look great. I just use strike king polarized glasses and they work just the same. Tried his on last time we were out, i noticed no diffrence other than price.
Monsta White by Strike King - $25
Antix by Oakley - $230

While this is the case for a lot of people, it isn't for me. I have had oakley's and what not since I was young (my dad loves Oakley). When I needed a pair of polarized glasses I bought a cheap pair of Strike Kings. After a couple hours of wearing them I had a terrible headache. I picked up a pair of higher end polarized glasses on clearance from work (originally 200, and my price after employee discount and what not ended up being about $20), and have never had the headaches.

It could have been the polarization process or materials used, or lens shape. I don't know. But I refuse to let cheap sunglasses ruin my day.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010, 20:53 

Has anyone tried EDGE safety glasses? I work in construction so I wear tinted saftey glasses daily but been meaning to upgrade to polarized. I won't buy pricey ones because I am constantly loosing them. These are the ones I'm thinking about getting and there under $40.

Edge Kazbek Polarized Blue Mirror Lens

Compliance: Compliant with ANSI Z87.1+ 2003 standards and meets U.S. Military Eyewear Ballistic Impact Resistance Requirements - MIL-PRF-31013 clause 3.5.1.1, MIL-V-43511 clause 3.5.10

77' Starcraft 12' Seafarer

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2010, 23:35 

got a pair of costas an love them ,people with alot of cranial diameter can't wear oakleys because they put a ton of pressure on the temples

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2010, 19:17 

one brand that i will stick with are Costa del mar. by far surpass oakley (in my opinion, i've owned both) living in alabama and fishing off the murky tenn. river i would be dead in the water if i didn't bring my costa's ever where i go.

http://www.costadelmar.com/

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2010, 22:05 

You guys got me looking.I like the look of the costa del mar "man o war".
Worried abit by ebay as well,this quote at the end of one seller made me laugh.
"These are GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC, if you can prove that they are not authentic, I will refund you 120% of the total including shipping, fly you over to my house and cook you a steak and lobster dinner :)"
Wife might shoot me if I buy a pair,have a bad habit of throwing my glasses overboard:(swatting flies or adjusting hat.
Put them on my hat forget them,fling them off or when motoring they fly off.
Was blue/stiper fishing one day and thought a fish surfaced right next to the boat,casted multiple times in the area,no raises.Wasn't till later that I noticed my glasses were missing....

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2010, 22:10 

just ordered me a pair of green and black Costa del mar 580 man o wars!!! i hope they come in by next friday when i go to florida! found them on ebay for $165 free shipping BRAND NEW! it was an ebay store that had 99.9% positive feedback from over 1000 people!

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 00:13 

call me paranoid but I refuse to get contacts and stick something in my eye :roll: so I'm stuck using the clip-on style polarized shades. it's better than nothing...

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 10:53 

I have been wearing brown polarized arnett and spy glasses for years. Love em. Nice, light weight & tough. The brown tint is light enough to let you see everything yet kill the harsh sun. I have owned real glass Ray Bans and Maui Jims. I thought they were a bit to heavy. Best thing you can do is to try on glasses somewhere before purchasing. There are many things you may not like about glasses such as weight, the way they fit your nose and ears etc. Last thing you want is to shell out a bunch of money for something that gives you a headache.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 11:56 

Zum wrote:
You guys got me looking.I like the look of the costa del mar "man o war".
Worried abit by ebay as well,this quote at the end of one seller made me laugh.
"These are GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC, if you can prove that they are not authentic, I will refund you 120% of the total including shipping, fly you over to my house and cook you a steak and lobster dinner :)"
Wife might shoot me if I buy a pair,have a bad habit of throwing my glasses overboard:(swatting flies or adjusting hat.
Put them on my hat forget them,fling them off or when motoring they fly off.
Was blue/stiper fishing one day and thought a fish surfaced right next to the boat,casted multiple times in the area,no raises.Wasn't till later that I noticed my glasses were missing....

get you some of these - as long as you keep them around your neck, you'll never lose another pair of sunglasses - and a lot of times you'll forget they are around your neck... http://www.cablz.com/

I have the monofilament version.. not the steel. And the 12" is a lot less extruding from the back of your head than the 14". I can drive and never notice when they hit my headrest in the truck. http://cablz.amazonwebstore.com/Monoz-12-Blue-Monofilament-Eyewear-Holders/M/B002C48SRO.htm

1546 Xpress -- SOLD!!
 Profile WWW  

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 13:47 

Finally got my sunglasses today! Of course it is rainy and overcast. I did try them on and the fit is amazing. They have rubber on the sides that really hold my head. I think I could scuba dive with these things on! I will update after I take them fishing and hopefully see some sun.

Shorelandr Trailer Restore
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13484

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 15:05 

basshunter25 wrote:
Finally got my sunglasses today! Of course it is rainy and overcast. I did try them on and the fit is amazing. They have rubber on the sides that really hold my head. I think I could scuba dive with these things on! I will update after I take them fishing and hopefully see some sun.

Man, I started reading this thread thinking it was brand new, and really wanted to post my opinion, then I looked at the dates of the replies and realized that I was behind the times on this one. :?

Anyway, basshunter, I hope that you like the glasses you got, sounds like the Oakley's right? Cool. I've had a few pair of Oakley's, a few RayBan's, a pair of Maui Jim's, and now I wear Bolle, which have an prescription insert (you get the style of an Oakley wrap-around, with the convenience necessity of your rx, without the cost of prescription Oakley's ($400+ :shock:).

Well, let us know how they fair on the lake. I think you made a good choice!

Wise man say: "Buy the smallest boat you can be comfortable on, not the biggest boat you can afford."

Additionally: It doesn't matter how small your boat is...they ALL cost money! More money than my wife knows about...so SHHH!

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 19:01 

I ended up buying some costas,with the lenses that you can switch,3 colors.
Hope they last for a bit or I don't throw them overboard.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 20:33 

Zum wrote:
I ended up buying some costas,with the lenses that you can switch,3 colors.

My Bolle's came with changeable lenses too. I use the black polarized ones 90% of the time, but the orange (hi-vis) and semi-clear (smoke) ones come in handy too.

Wise man say: "Buy the smallest boat you can be comfortable on, not the biggest boat you can afford."

Additionally: It doesn't matter how small your boat is...they ALL cost money! More money than my wife knows about...so SHHH!

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 21:10 

Pair of polars from Bass Pro Shop -

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... _THUMBNAIL

I did put a strap on them considering my Oakleys met their fate swimming in the Chattahoochee river.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 22:21 

keep an eye on www.steepandcheap.com. I have 2 pairs of Oakleys I picked up from there for under $50 each. They also have Maui Jim's, Costa's, Smith's, and some other's on occasion. Pretty good deals almost all of the time.

Page 3 of 4 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next